Friday, April 21, 2006

Nothing to report

So that's not entirely true, but the moment I sit down in front of this posting window that's how I feel.

Went out Saturday night and saw Soulwax perform their Nite Versions album live at Canvas in London. The funky electro goovesters, also known as 2 Many DJs, were absolutely amazing. It was just a shame that the club chose to milk the event for all it was worth and let far too many people into the venue. This made dancing tricky, you know that uncomfortable experience that is bumping and grinding against people you'd really prefer not to be...no? Okay, well, maybe you should get out more.

While it's great going to these huge nights at the really big clubs in London like Fabric and Canvas, I still prefer the more intimate venues. Feels a age since I was last at Turnmills, with its labyrinth-like hedonists playground. And The End, which I have only been to the one time for Tiga's launch party, is just brilliantly simplistic. I think both just contribute to that feeling of intimacy shared with your fellow clubbers and even the DJs, who are only a matter of feet away from you.

For me this is half of the pleasure of going out, and something I am grateful I still get to enjoy while my body holds out against the wear and tear of all night dancing sessions.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home