Sunday, June 04, 2006

Sun is shinning...


About bleedin' time I got back on the case. Barely had I begun before the social paralysis of essay season took over my life. Anyway I'm back now and shall start working on the blog, achieving this much sought after direction.

For now I like to make note of the hard time I'm having finding really cool little cafe/bars to hang out at. London is a big city and really ought to have a lot more casual late night goings on than sometimes it seems. I just want a decent place I can stroll into at one o'clock in the morning and not find it full of drunken townies or otherwise. I'm not going to rant about this. I'm not going to rant about this. Really I'm not. High horse? Not me [Ahem].

I would heartily reccommend however the cafe down the road from myself as a decent start point for the kind of cafe I'm talking about. The place is called Moonbow Jake's. It's in Brockley, which is entirely out of place (it feels like anyway), wedged between a kebab shop and tacky video rental type place. Lots of locals, some in groups chatting away over a large bottle of San Miguel, pouring their next half, and some alone, readinig the paper over a glass of white or a cappacino. The music is good, chosen quite naturally from iTunes on a computer behind the counter. New bands such as Mamimo Park seguewayed elequently into some older Bob Dylan and even the occassional James Brown into The Magic Numbers. It's extremely easy going and the staff aren't too prickly about getting you to drink up and get out 30 mins before time. Musicians and DJs are down there Tuesdays and Sundays, which is largely a background kinda deal.

My only other thing to say right now is thank goodness summer has finally got going. I can start hanging out in the garden and get some reading done while soaking up the much needed rays my body has been depleted of to within an inch of my sanity.

Marvellous.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home