Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Mythical missions

So I guess if you are going to head off on some kind of insane quest there could be no place more appropriate than the home of the Odyssey.

Athens is a busy and vibrate city - of that there is no doubt - however, it has to be said, it seems that after the Greeks gave the world democracy they decided to abandon all sense of order in favour of sheer chaos. Honestly, Athens is more than a little insane, but I really do like it despite having nearly been run over several times.

Well, just wanted to stick something up while I'm here. My budget is practically gone, hence I can't really afford this internet for longer to write more. Will write more about the experience when i get home as I am keeping a daily journal.

Much love,
Scott

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Scotty, I wouldn't expect any thing less! I know you are enjoying live over there and that puts a BIG ASS smile on my face! Cheers and lots of luck and good energy my friend.

2:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Totally agree with you chap - Athens has got to be one of the busiest and traffic-heavy cities in the world.
You forget though, Athens does embody the true dichotomy between modern cultural values and old-world, natural forces... i.e. I didn't get knocked down by a car (you must have been on the Retsina) but I was almost attacked by a rapid, three-legged dog on my way to the Partenon... Weird, eh?

11:45 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep Questing brother. Keep fighting the good fight, the one that makes life worth living. I've always wanted to know what Athens smells like.

5:36 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home